Sunday 21 February 2010

A good way to spend a dreary afternoon ...

Okay, so, one of my friends recently introduced me to a website and it's a brilliant place to waste a few minutes or, quite easily, a few hours. It's perfect if you're having one of those days where everything's going tits up and you're just thinking "oh FML!" Ha, see what I did there? How witty. Well, not so witty now that I pointed it out and mentally patted myself on the back for doing so. Boo. Anyway, FML is classic. Basically, people go on there and post unfortunate incidents and moments in their lives, followed by the ever effective exclamation 'fuck my life'. I am aware that this may sound rather depressing, and me raving about it may seem rather cruel; but it's hilarious! The things that happen to these people! Some make me crease, some make me cringe and some even make me want to cry. It's mint though because as you sit reading these quirky little anecdotes, you can imagine people all over the world doing the same thing and shaking their head for these unfortunate souls. For a moment, you get an insight into someone else's life and you almost feel connected to these strangers for that moment.

And of the best part of FML? You end up thinking that perhaps your day wasn't all that bad after all. Who'd have thought a website could do that, eh?

Have a good one kids.

3 comments:

  1. That site is so jokes lol,'my mums just come to my party drunk and is getting with my best freind, fuck my life,' hmmm my day doesn't seem that bad anymore lmao x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao Daryll, I've only just seen your comment.
    It's brilliant isn't it!? aha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just wen't on this site and giggled my geordie boots off! It's made me think of something I could put on there, but I reckon I can spin it long enough to make a valid blog entry. You will get an honor in said blog, Ms. Ball!

    x

    ReplyDelete