Thursday 13 May 2010

Growing up.

Right, not so long ago, I made a promise to blog at least once a week. Do you remember that promise? Yes, that's right. It's the one that I broke. I do apologize to all of my blogger fans (ha!) for not sticking to my word. But of course, as soon as I took a breather from the first round of assignments, the next load came hurtling towards me. However, things have now changed.

I. AM. DONE.

I've actually finished university for the summer. I can hear you all screaming 'slacker' at me ... but I don't care! I've worked bloody hard this year and I'm hoping that will pay off when I get back my results in June. Even though I've prepared myself to fail this one essay. It was for a feminism class. Need I say more? Anyway, fingers crossed, I am now free until the end of September. I know that 5 months is a long time to have off, but I intend to have a pretty busy summer. I'll be spending a lot of time with friends and family and I'm going to Latitude Festival again. And most importantly, it's my birthday and I'll finally be one of the last of my group of friends to wave goodbye to my teenage years. Hence the point of this blog - I'm finally growing up. It's so weird to think that I have only one more year left of my degree left to do. It's honestly been probably the best time of my life and I'll miss it. Even the work. EVEN the feminism essays. Well, no; that's a lie. Anyway, it's really strange how quickly these two years have gone. And I'm petrified that I have to actually go into the big, bad world soon. I have to get a real job, for one, which is scary enough in itself. Well, after I've done my teaching qualification, which is what I want to do when my degree's over. I think. What scares me the most is that, in theory, next year I have to choose what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. Which is a bloody long time. Well, hopefully. Providing that my aches and pains don't get to me first. Or that I don't sleep myself into a coma, which is highly probably. Oh dear, my digressions are becoming a little too pessimistic for my liking.

However, although it's a scary thought that I'm 'all grown up', there are perks to it. I'm moving out for starters! My lovely uni bunch and I are getting a house for our last year of uni. And it's going to be bloody amazing. I'm so excited. Scared too, of course, but I still can't wait. In fact, I've got another house viewing in the morning, and instead of getting my needed 12-or-so hours of sleep, I'm here yapping your ears off. Well, your eyes actually - but if I say eyes, it doesn't really work. Hm.

I'll love you and leave you all for now. But I actually will try to write every week, now that I have no real excuse not to. We'll see how long that one lasts, eh? Until next time!

Have a good one kids.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this blog. Because I'm also scared that in a year I have to decide what I'm going to spend my life doing. At the moment it's a PGCE or a Masters. But I think I'm going travelling after I graduate, because I'd never forgive myself for not taking the opportunity.

    It's good to be finished like, just my ISM proposal left now. Just been chilling for the last two weeks. It's good to be free.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Mat, it's so scary. I want to travel too; I'm thinking of going interailing, because it sounds mint.

    How's the ISM proposal going?
    x

    ReplyDelete